The South African Police Service in Vuwani outside Thohoyandou led by the Station Communication officer Capt Chipangana, together with the Social Crime Prevention Coordinator Warrant Officer Mushungwa and representatives of the Department of Social Development, Department of Health, Eskom, Non-Governmental Organisations Munna ndi nnyi and traditional leaders conducted a crime awareness campaign at Lwamondo Tshifulanani Chief’s residence with elderlies and people with disabilities.
The followings topics were addressed:
* To report any criminal activities such as rape
* Domestic violence
* Robbery concerning their pension money
* Neighbourhood watch
* Not to walk alone when collecting firewood at the bushveld
* They were advised to take care of themselves, not to be abused by their children.
* The consequences of taking drugs and alcohol abuse.
Plus minus 50 elderly people attended.
Source: South African Police Service